PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic Questions - the Master Thread! (Merged)
Old 22nd Mar 2006, 17:54
Greenfinch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The assessment day is not too bad. I was one of 6 guys on my assessment day. You have a straightforward Tech paper, which is really just a time filler while each 1 of the 6 leaves the room for their interview - they openly allow you to confer with eachother. There's a psychometric test (shapes, numeric reasoning etc.) which is not too difficult but you don't have much time to complete it. The interview is 3 to 1 (I had 2 management pilots and a lady from Human Resources). Not too stressful - some tech stuff from the pilots, questions like "what would you do in xyz emergency scenario". Then HR lady asks you about yourself and career history (she has your cv in front of her covered in highlighter pen to make sure you're not bullsh*tting). Finally, there's a PF16 personality profilling paper (for which there's no right or wrong answer - you just have to be truthful).
I'm 40 and was lined up to do a command at my last Co., so I had to convince them I wanted Virgin for the right reasons - lifestyle etc.
Hope this helps