PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - op herrick lynx?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2006, 16:20
BolkowBill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Banter-heavy zone

The Lynx may not provide much of an increase in aviation lift capability but, at least during colder spells and at the lower levels, it will be able to provide fast-reaction armed support. Well, not that fast but faster than the AH awaiting spares from Wastelands. And come to think of it, I'm not sure there are any TOW equipped Lynx left. Or a/c commanders qualified and current. It's still more fun to fly than a bus!
And whilst I don't want to get too involved in inter-service banter, the point about "The Army can't do its job without SH" - duh! What do you think the SH force is there to do????

I would recommend a book called "Lions donkeys and dinosaurs" by an ex-Navy chap by the name of Lewis Page. Very interesting stuff and all this service rivalry is put into sharp focus. Anyway.....

There is of course another route to take - qualify for pension, sneak out the back door and get a job where no-one shoots at you! (Except for Air Ambulance work in and around Nottingham)..... now where did I put that flak jacket?