PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FA18's over Melbourne right now!
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2006, 08:59
7gcbc
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Keg
lol. Even Saddams generals thought they had WMD. They got the shock of their lives in the immediate time before the conflict when they discovered that had zero, zippo, zilch, nada, none, nought. So if the Iraqi generals thought they had them, how unreasonable was it to think that the rest of the world thought they had them too!
or so initially we are led to believe Keg, however as sucessive arms inspectors turned up little, and in particular european arms and Un arms inspectors were pariahed and discredited as part of a US republican modus operandi, then in my humble opnion, the west , and in particular the US intelligence services , and in most particular the US politicans were played at their own game of misinformation and brinkmanship, and SH proved the better.

Sure, SH lost the war (battle) of Iraq, but the next few years will tell whether the US have the stomach to stick it out, I don't think they do, and that will make it soo soo much worse than it is now.

And the delightful thing from my personal perspective, is that the arrogance of the US precludes them from asking the only body that could help them out, the UN, whom the US has consistantly tried to discredit and dishonour.

well you makes your bed and you lies in it.

Last edited by 7gcbc; 22nd Mar 2006 at 09:12.