PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS Singapore Basing
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2006, 04:50
OhSpareMe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK - lets all imagine we are Bronwyn...........
http://www.ato.gov.au/individuals/co....htm&page=4&H4
Fudpucker.
..............................But being paid by an O/S company whilst being employed by Q is entering into a grey area.
What is this O/S company that everyone is alluding to? Your employment contract is with QANTAS Airways Ltd. Now that is an Australian company. The fact that you are based overseas is not relevant. You will still be employed by QANTAS Airways Ltd. The fact that your bank account is in Singapore is also not relevant. You need to ensure you make yourself, insofar as the ATO is concerned, a Non-Resident for Tax Purposes in Australia. You can achieve this by moving your residence (domicile) to Singapore and don't go commuting.

Yes you are right about the Letter of Appointment, but it is the Certified Agreement which is the basis for an overseas basing. The establishment of a basing is a significant undertaking and I doubt very much whether they (QF)are going to start 'posting' people to overseas ports. If QF wish to go down that path to 'fill up' their numbers in Singapore one would hope that AIPA would rapidly have them in court (again). LOA 167 is in 'black and white' so I can't see any grey areas there.

I don't believe that any SO not included in LOA 167 is under threat of being suddenly assigned to Singapore.

I imagine Jetstar Asia people are employed by Jetstar Asia even though some of them are QF employees on leave of absence.