PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS Singapore Basing
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2006, 02:33
Freddy Fudpucker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
404 titan, I am referering to the ato's determination that you WILL be a resident if you meet certain criteria. Try this link

http://calculators.ato.gov.au/script...cy_leaving.XR4

Sure you can make yourself a non-resident but some people might not be able to meet these requirements and hence WILL pay Australian tax. It is up to the individual to get a ruling from the ATO.

OhSpareMe
In all letter of appointments it says:
"Location of Employment" it states that you may be required to work at other locations in accordance with the certified agreement.

Now I realise what you wrote from LOA167. But what I am saying is that the big Q can send you where they want to and I bet that if they don't get the numbers then they will start on a non-voluntary basis from the end of seniority up.If this happens then it just won't be under the LOA167!!

I don't believe Q will stop paying superannuation (that would be un-australian!!). But being paid by an O/S company whilst being employed by Q is entering into a grey area.

Would be interesting to hear from some J* asia guys on what is their circumstance and by whom the are employed by.