PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE
Thread: NEWCASTLE
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2006, 22:50
fl dutchman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new routes

Its almost certain that there will be no new scheduled routes announced for this summer. Its to late with the summer schedules starting in just a couple of weeks time. Would it be correct to say that the new routes starting soon will be almost cancelled out by the reduction in frequency of some existing flights. ie Heathrow -9 flts per week, Milan -4 flts per week, Jersey -5 flts per week, Belfast city -12 flts per week, thats a total of 30 per week(60 returns)when compared with summer 2005. Oh I forgot about the reduced HLX German service, cant remember the details but that must be another 5 per week making the total 35 (70 returns)
Does anyone have the info and numbers for the new routes that counteract these losses ?.

I think when the winter schedules come out we may find some existing routes may be dropped for the winter in favour of perhaps more ski destinations.

We may get Easyjet no 7 Next summer(2007) to Madrid and Venice or its quite possible that these routes replace some existing ones with just 6 aircraft. Perhaps the Thomsonfly schedules and increased activity by B M I baby at Teeside are having an effect on some of Easyjets routes out of NCL.

Regarding charters we do seem to be loosing quite a few this year. but surley next summer must see the re introduction of Pula, Split and Dubrovnik.
In the 70s we had I think about 7 per week to these destinations, they were very popular using JAT, Adria and Avoigenex( B707 727 732 733 DC9 and TU134a) I know loads of people who woukl like flights to these places from NCL.