PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE
Thread: NEWCASTLE
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2006, 18:00
transwede

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As far as I was aware Volos was dropped as the aircraft that usually did JSI/VOL on a fri morning is now doing JSI/KVA. It does however, surprise me that SKG was dropped as Halkidiki was always very popular, with several tour operators sharing the same flight. Infact Thomson used to operate this route, but dropped it a few years back. Quite often I think it would be a good idea to operate 'double-drops' to some of the greek airports, like JSI/KVA etc, then there would be alot of choice on offer.

Charters to the likes of HRG, DBV, TCP, CUN, AGA etc would I personally think, work on the condition they were marketed in the best way. These places are now up and coming, with holidaymakers starting to look for different places to go, and quite often people are not FR's loco routes are probably too niche for NCL, though I am shocked that MAD, VCE, VLC and HHN have not yet started from NCL, by easy/ryan etc.

Whatever happened to FlyBe's proposed expansion at NCL?

Goldtrail Holidays have cut their Turkish flights to 2 per week and are chartering LTE to operate a thu night PMI. Both DLM and BJV are operating on fridays now.

Flyjet = Swissport, another large all year round contract gained.

Last edited by transwede; 21st Mar 2006 at 18:22.