PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Profit Share
Thread: EK Profit Share
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2006, 16:58
typhoonpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by IXNAT
Again, let me correct you. Over the last two years close to 1000 Delta wide body captains HAVE retired. Many if not most are under 56. They were able to obtain their lump sums but now much of their monthly annuities are at risk. There are already about a dozen at SIA, some at Icelandic (Air Atlanta) some at MaxJet some at EOS. Even some awaiting slots at RyanAir. So when you state they are not out there, you are mistaken. The only difference I see flying for EK (what is posted here) and flying for the legacies international is living in Dubai. Most if not all of the int'l pilots I have known have flown close to 900 hours-so that's not an issue, many are former military that have spent years in places outside of the states-not an issue, most have flown all over into different time zones (with no controled rest)-not an issue, most have dealt with a management that could give a rat's a** about the same issues brought up here-not an issue. So again, please tell me why you believe there will not be an influx of DECs from DAL, UAL, NWA, Gemini, Polar, Atlas, Tradewinds? It will be interesting to see the numbers in attendance in Atl with the open house. If anyone is interested I will be able to find out.
IXNAT

No this is not Mr. Ed, but I do know him, I believe.

Well, let me jump into this fray and correct you. Delta and Northwest pilots are not the leaders of the American expat pilot bandwagon. They are in fact, the Johnny come latelys. Prior to DAL and NWA having trouble it was USAirways and United along with a few others. USAirways has/had 2000 pilots on furlough, United a similar number. Both airlines have pilots who lost their pensions and saw huge decreases in their salary. Many AA pilots also went out early in order to keep their lump sum. This all since 9-11. In that time we have a grand total of 48 Americans at EK. One was here prior to 9-11, one came when his job at Sri Lankan ( airplanes ) were literally shot to pieces. The other 46 are refugees from the U.S. airline industry. With over 10,000 pilots on furlough that number represents less than one-half of one percent. If we apply that ratio to your 1000 early retired DAL pilots we come up with a grand total of 5. Even if it is double the average since 9-11 that is only 10. My personal estimate from this recruiting trip is about 20 to 30, including F.O.s.

Typhoonpilot