PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BHX ATC - Slightly weird
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2006, 16:52
ukatco_535

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vapourer

A valid point, however vectors had not been applied, so strictly speaking the pilot was not yet on a vectored approach, regardless of what the intentions were, he was on the STAR.

We only have the bare facts and the views from both parties to go on.

We do not know how the dialogue was conducted without having recourse to the tapes.

Given the phrasing of the posts by Mentaleena and the perceived attitude in them I wonder if his R/T when asking the controller was in a similar fashion i.e. condescending, self righteous and abrupt (especially when he says he knows the controller was busy on the phone)?

If his posts are anything to go by, then he would have come across as an arrogant and rude person. I think in that circumstance I would have given the same reply.

We do not even know the tone that the controller replied in, she may have genuinely believed it was a question and she may have replied quite civilly that normally you would take up the hold, with the thought in her mind that she was going to add, "but in this case turn L/R heading... " etc.

On the other side of the coin, she may have snapped the answer at him and this is what made him get his back up.

This is all conjecture.

However considering Mentaleena had 18 hours between when he says the incident happened and when he posted his original post, his attitude still comes across as aggressive and arrogant.

I could understand such an attitude if it had just happened and the controller had been rude to him, however for him still to display these traits 18 hours after a minor incident says to me that no matter what happened, he would be arrogant enough to never admit he was out of order or to accept the other persons point of view.

As your profile states you are a Crown Court worker you probably know the difference between pre-meditated and 'heat of the moment' actions. Mentaleenas post is no different - it is certainly not heat of the moment. If he was still angry about it after 18hrs then he needs some anger management therapy.

Also, if as he himself states, he knows the controller was busy, surely even basic airmanship would tell him to keep quiet and fly in accordance with the laid down procedures - they are there for a reason.

Shame he seems to have disappeared from his own thread.