PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European Flight Training (EFT)
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2006, 14:27
Matthew Adams

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

This thread is like reading a thread from 2-3 years ago most of the information posted by anyone other than Mark is well out of date. The thread does EFT or this forum any justice as the information provided is generally obsolete.

There are now 7 computers all internet linked, with printer, FAA databanks available at the school the building has been brought up to a good standard with planning desks briefing rooms etc, which to be honest is better than some schools I have visted in the UK.
There are no longer any Sierras at EFT/Ari Ben.
There are 8 or so Duchesses which most of the 80-89% are in full service and not in 100 hours. I myself never experienced any maintance issues I have not experienced in the UK (granted most of my flying was single time)
Accidents happen - trying to implicate any school is unfair based on them, if you look into other schools accident records they will have had them as well.
There are no suprises in the finicial side of things - everything is listed on the website - if you don't read the website properly (It's not in the small print) then your not doing your resarch properly.
The only way I heard of EFT was via the quality of the instruction being high - as had many of the students so I am suprised by the comments regarding this - and I finished my training at EFT this year so my experience is valid. I would strongly recommend EFT on the merits of its instruction standard - and would recommend the school for the commercial side of things. Not everyone will complete the courses in minimum time, and yes you may want to upgrade more time to the Arrow which willl incur extra costs - that's your decision it's not compulsary - I don't know of one school which doesn't sell minimum hour courses - that's marketing and life.

To all those including Mark, who have left EFT and got jobs. Congratulations!

Now let's get this back to recent experience about EFT not information 2 years old (times change) and hearsay - and if you want to discuss Ari Ben I think it should be done in a seperate thread.

Safe Flying.

Last edited by scroggs; 21st Mar 2006 at 15:10.