PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European Flight Training (EFT)
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2006, 21:17
quackers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EFT2

I did my CPL with EFT a couple of years ago, plus the initial part of the MEIR, before going to Bournemouth. Whilst I was happy with the standard of tuition with regards the CPL, the same could not be said of the MEIR (As you may be aware, you cannot do the complete course at EFT). At that time the only IR Instructor was <<name removed>> (who was clocking up a phenomenal number of hours at the time!!). I was not the first student who threatened to give him a good hiding due to his pompous, arrogant, condescending attitude. If that wasn't bad enough, it transpired that his tuition was well below par - all the students returning to Bournemouth found out that we were ill-prepared (basic stuff such as badly taught holding patterns etc).
Now of course it may be that <<Name removed>> is no longer the only IR Instructor at EFT (Indeed he may no longer be there at all if Trevor has wised up) but if I were to have my time again I would check out who was doing this most important aspect of my training (the CPL is enjoyable compared to the IR - and a damn sight cheaper!!)
My advice (for what its worth) is this: Do your CPL and ME in sunny Florida but don't waste your money on the IR over there - do it in the country where you will be tested.

Last edited by scroggs; 21st Mar 2006 at 15:05.