PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European Flight Training (EFT)
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2006, 06:58
TwoDeadDogs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi there
The standard of training is good, the weather is highly variable, they have very little space in their premises, they have/had no sim or access to a sim of any kind(not even the most basic Frasca or Elite).The fleet in 2001 consisted of five very tatty Be76s, of which only one (6047W) was regarded by themselves as fit for use in tests,a very motley bunch(7) of Cessna 172s and an Arrow(which was the best of the single-engined fleet).EFT piggybacked on the Ari-Ben Aviator school, which is a shadow of it's former self,which meant that EFT shared everything, and I mean evrything, with Aviator.The Aviator advert which is commonly seen in flight magazines is a true work of fiction, as none of the Be76 aircraft had functioning radars, heaters, propellor unfeathering accumulators and you were not allowed to fly outside the State.Because there was no night maintenance, downtime during daylight hours was often critical, in terms of aircraft availability.All hours building in the twins is done at night only.They also charged you 3% on the Visa, as everyone had European credit cards.Only US-issued cards were exempt this charge.Naturally, this is not mentioned on the EFT website.
Shall I go on?
I wouldn't go there again.
regards
TDD