PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST
Thread: BELFAST
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2006, 14:19
Aeronut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rampmole
ok so your not happy with airports being named after local legends, everyone is entitled to their opinion but i think the name calling is stretching it a bit to far......george best deserves his acolades he achieved things you or me are never going too a bit of respect for somebody who has died wouldnt go a miss..having lost a close relative who died because of the drink i feel a lot for besties family...these people take to the drink because of underlying problems that are only kept in the head of the drinker....its an illness!! i just hope the people you care about famous or not never have to resort to these measures or they would know what kind of treatment to accept from yourself........!!
Its not the prinicpal of naming airports after locals that I object to, I think that it would be good if they were worthy people, thats all. There must be some people from these cities that would inspire and are worthy of being commemorated? What does Best inspire? Getting Sh!tfaced and wife beating?

I'm a football fan, but f*** the football. It meant nothing from the moment he first raised his hand to his wife.

Glorifying someone famous for...................err...................drinking and denying someone more worthy of a liver transplant and wife beating,

now thats foolish.

Last edited by Evileyes; 21st Mar 2006 at 20:49.