PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK jobs market and where and how to find that first job?
Old 21st Mar 2006, 10:54
EGBKFLYER
Gizajob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd give up if I were you. No money for a type rating, don't want to instruct because the money is cr*p, got a load of rejections from the majors, assuming they bothered to reply...

Alternatively, the glass could be half full. Set your sights lower - instruct for a while, keeping current, earning a little, getting some of those contacts if you do it right. Knock on doors, write more letters to small survey companies or gliding sites that might need pilots with no hours - in short, keep on trucking or you will fall by the wayside.

Me? - been looking for 18 months. Also got binned by CTC, also got a load of PFOs. Am I down? No siree. I'm 3 hours from the end of an FI course and I will be taking a 60%+ pay cut to instruct full time if I can find a job thereafter. I will be flying and building my experience. Might get a job on something bigger and faster eventually or I might not. Right now, not bothered because I will be flying and that's what I want to do.

Chin up mate. Yes this is a difficult industry to get on in, but it's impossible without a positive attitude...