PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Age/Motion Sickness help??
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2006, 08:45
CoolHandleLuke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Londonboy
Can't really help you with your first question but I'd like to add a something to your second question about motion sickness.... basically: Don't worry too much about it!!

When I started my training for the PPL I also had a few problems with motion sickness on the initial flights. It all passed after 3 or 4 flights. I think one main contributing factor to motion sickness is the fact that all of a sudden you are in a totally new environment (and maybe also a little nervous...!). But after a few flights you will get used to this new experience as will your body.

When I started my IMC training I had a few flights as well where I didn't feel all that well either, probably because flying IMC you don't have any visual reference externally. Anyway, that all passed as well.

I my school 10 hours of aerobatics training was included. On my first flight I actually managed to throw up....

So what am I saying??? Well to quote myself
basically: Don't worry too much about it!!
because worrying will make it worse and you and your body will get used to this new sensation of flying anyway!

Oh yeah, by the way.... because I'm a lucky b*****d I have now accumulated almost 1200 hours of medium jet time and I have NEVER ha a problem in "real life".

Luke