PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK jobs market and where and how to find that first job?
Old 21st Mar 2006, 07:03
zooloflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is a very good safety reason for living close to the airport, walking distance is the safest thing. The driving in Belgium is insane the buggers try and get you coming out of side roads and the older generations (over 40 I think it was 1979) have never sat a driving test.
100% right; crazy elderly! and they seam to be multiplying by the day...funny thing is that they get cheap insurances because they are such calm and safe drivers!!!

Its quite common in the UK to use tatical addresses when applying to airlines zoo try using a relatives or mates near liege. I also suspect you might be Flemmish and the HR deptment is French. Which is a whole different level of discrimination that wannabies have to deal with in the UK.
Thanks for the good tip but watch out! You're talking about Liege here dude, not Paris or London - it's the middle of f***** nowhere - you have any relations there???

Have you thought about doing a FI rating and working in the UK for a bit?
I guess a would go for the Africa bullet thing...

No, all funny things put aside, thanks for the advice - to be honnest, I am just back on track after a few years of studying and working in non airline business environment so for the moment trying all other things first before getting completely desperate (again)...

Is it really so that the UK market is almost without pilots? If I read the forums here it does't seam so??