PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2006, 00:06
walter kennedy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cazatou
That was only one of several references (in the public domain) to the presence of the SEALS at the site – are you saying that they were not there?
You wrote:
<< Are you suggesting that USN SEALS approached the wreckage and ignored the plight of those involved in this tragedy so that they could search for equipment that may have been on board?>>
Well derrr …putting it bluntly, some would have grabbed the kit and others would have taken care of any survivors …
<<I would suggest that you are on an ego trip of your own and are willing to totally ignore any pain that you may cause to those who were themselves involved in the aftermath of this tragic incident; let alone the heartrending anguish that you cause to those who lost loved ones as a result.>>
With the sledging I’m taking here for so long, do you really think ego has anything to do with it? Even still, is not ego a positive attribute for pilots like yourselves? – so long as it gets good results?
Now, about pain and anguish:
What about the feelings of the relatives of the crew who at best can expect the clearing of names on a technicality the way the campaign has gone so far – would they not feel a whole lot better if they thought that EVERY aspect of this incident had been THOROUGHLY explored?
What about the feelings of at least some of the relatives of the team on board who must have had some sense that perhaps foul play had taken them out – officially such an idea was prematurely dismissed whilst a possible method is still apparent – if there is any chance that this had happened, everyone should do their utmost to explore this possibility as only determining the actual cause could lead to justice being done in this case; think of the lives that they had lived – the ever present danger in daily life – how hard it must be for them to accept that, having survived so far, they are lost in an accident attributed to pilot error in what is generally accepted to be the safest way of getting VIPs around who are at risk.
And what about the people of Northern Ireland, the anguish that they must have felt when this team was lost – their champions in that awful conflict – it is they who are suffering the consequences on a grand scale – they deserve answers just as much as those having suffered direct personal loss.
<<To paraphrase Oliver Cromwell "You have been here too long for any good you may have done; IN THE NAME OF GOD GO!!">>
Bush and Blair embellished utterances with reference to God – didn’t work even on couch potatoes – please do not insult the intelligence of interested parties here with that tacky bull**** - and to borrow thunder from Cromwell is a bad move, I think, as I at least regard him as an arch traitor (borrowing money from a foreign power to run a professional army against his countrymen, putting troops in parliament when it didn’t go along with his wishes, etc).
FJJP
You wrote:
<< … why don't you print all the data from all the fora concerning this accident and write a book with your own theories.
That way you can make some money and we can be spared the endless frequent drivel you inject into what is otherwise a sensible discussion site.>>
For starters, I’m not in it for money – and I do not have a price.
Strange it is that you do not have such strong words for followers of Campbell’s book who accept the theory that the fog signal station was mistaken for the light house WITHOUT actually plotting the course on a chart and seeing that the oblique angle of approach to the coast made it more accurate to describe the fog signal station as being NEARER as opposed to being to the right – anything but the obvious, eh?
And without my input– whether you accept the whole scenario or not - many aspects that have been cleared up would still be confused – and many of you appear to want to keep them that way.
I did not come to this thread to verbally joust with you but indeed to use it as “a sensible discussion site” – not every response has been through postings and I am glad to say that it has been very worthwhile, if somewhat slow – sorry to disappoint you.