PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE
Thread: NEWCASTLE
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2006, 19:43
transwede

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
skyman771 yes last year all the sniping was at XLA, but there was reason for it, they did have alot of adverse delays, but on the other hand all airlines go through tough patches and lets hope XLA have a better year this year, which I do believe they will. There is good reason behind the heavy discussion regarding the handling agents, Servisair in particular. The reasons are plainly obvious in this forum, though we do not forget that what is said here is not the gospel and may well have been misinterpreted. None of us want to see a company failing.

On another note, was there not talk of EK starting a service to their DXB hub? The locos seem to have done their homework on NCL. I for one would not have though PRG, BUD, CIA, HAJ, TRF etc would have been viable out of NCL but it seems they are, sometimes on a less than daily frequency but they do work. Maybe some other routes 2/3 times per week could work, afterall regardless of how often it is greater choice for the consumer, greater financial benefits for the airport and region and sustained growth.

My wish.....Definately a transatlantic link, come on Continental!!!