PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Profit Share
Thread: EK Profit Share
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2006, 18:52
IXNAT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 330 heavy
Tail Rota writes:"No Pay increase there is one thousand Delta guys being interviewed as we read and they need our profit share to up the offer in salaries to get them to come."

Gentelmen,

While I don't doubt that some of our profit share would be used to entice guys to join, I SERIOUSLY doubt that EK will be successful in luring more than 5-10 guys from the left seat at Delta to join as D.E.C.s here. ( I would think that maybe 1 or 2 might be closer to reality) It is possible that a number of furloughed F/Os could be enticed to come here. The job fair that EK is attending in ATL and LAX, while meant to target DL, NWA, and possibly UAL pilots will, more than likely, attract the underpaid and overworked freight dogs from the states: most of whom are narrow-body types that are much less qualified than a large percentage of EK F/Os. I would also be very surprised if more than 30 or 40 Americans ( Capts. and F/Os combined ) will make the move to EK at this time.

Sorry to digress from the orginal intent of this post but I think that there is a misconception that a lot of North American types (DL, NWA,UAL, US Airways etc.) will jump at the chance to fly a wide body for EK. Even after all the pay cuts and deterioration of contracts in the U.S., the EK package is at best a lateral move for a narrow-body Captain from most U.S. carriers----even given a sizable profit share and some type of payrise ( HA HA HA HA HA.....), the reality is that most U.S. guys will probably have to stay at their present companes until age 60 in order to secure their retirements.( or what's left of them ) This does not bode well for EK recruiting.

Good luck to us all

I believe you may be very mistaken. There are probably close to 1000 early retired wide-body captains at Delta that have retired in the last 18 months. These folks left with some of their retirement and have not found flying jobs that make close to US$100K a year. Living in Dubai? Many have kids out of the house and do not have strong ties to keep them in the US. So standby for some major incoming DEC's. Same goes for UAL and others. Lots of experience out there with very little job prospects for 52 year olds. Say what you will about EK and how miserable it is, if one were to look at web boards at these US legacy carriers, you would see almost word for word some of the same complaining. And on those web boards, it is always the same guys doing the complaining. Is it the same at EK? I have no dog in this fight, just making some observations.
IXNAT