PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE
Thread: NEWCASTLE
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2006, 13:09
skyman771

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GrahamK
I'd have to agree with CentreFix25, over the last few years NCL has seen tremendous growth especially from Lo-co's such as easyJet and Jet2.
Over the next few years I would expect some new routes, but I also expect growth to decrease slightly.
Possible new routes would be:
EWR - Continental 757
WAW - One of the Eastern European Lo-co's
And perhaps charter flights to Croatia, and Hurghada in Egypt.
Been away & on reviewing this thread this is the first bit of sense I've come accross for quite a few postings, last year all the sniping was at XLA (not without just cause!) & now it's the handling agents turn !
However, IF! NCL could just get a NYC schedule then that's the only sound basis for the airport to go forward and look for significant growth.
The Loco's will have to work hard at keeping up pax volumes / load factors on many of the routes offered that lose the initial appeal as the years go by, particularly where they do not ofer a high re-vist appeal to punters. What you may find is simply destination switching, where new routes are offered at the expense of existing ones. You will always have the continued appeal of the traditional "sunshine" destinations, but others offered may have a more limited shelf life.
I've said it many times, two "key" routes needed to maintain a sound growth, obviously as said a Stateside link & one the other awy, opening an access to the Far East eliminating a European hub, DXB being the obvious choice as combines tourism, with a "one stop" journey down under.