PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eyesight discrimination?
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2006, 08:53
Eddie_Crane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi EGBKFLYER.
No I'm not really down, just a little disappointed about the fact that what you need to get a deviated Class 1 is a PPL in the first place. I am not quite sure why this "requirement" is in place, but obviously it means getting a Class 2 first, then a PPL, then an Initial Class 1 with deviation, then a full Class 1 (i.e. deviation lifted) upon completion of the CPL (as Mark 3:16 also said).
To me, it'd make a lot more sense if you got a deviated Class 1 right away, because if you are wishing to go the Integrated way you can't really go and start training with a Class 2. However, I am quite happy that I can actually still train towards a commercial license via the modular route, all I'm saying is that this somehow places a limit on training choices IF you don't hold a PPL prior to the issue of a Class 1 with deviation, in which case I'm going to have to re-formulate and investigate everything all over again, as I'd never really looked at the Modular route (which is also why I never got a PPL, since it is not necessary for ab-initio training).
That being said, I suspect that whoever managed to enter Intergrated training with a deviated Class 1, probably already had a PPL handy. I stand to be corrected on this one though, should there be anyone who knows different.
Anyway, surely not down here, just a little stressed over the fact I need to pull out "contingency plan C"