PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Type Rating - which type, where, why pay etc?
Old 20th Mar 2006, 07:51
Re-Heat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I continuously do not understand why people keep knocking type ratings. I went to the pilot training exhibition conference at Heathrow in November and they had the likes of BA, Atlantic Airlines (Flight Training) saying 'oh don't go modular or do a type rating'. In my opinion, they all have there reasons. 1 A relationship with Oxford Aviation Training that even after a thousand showers their noses would still be terd brown (BA) + ab initios courses and secondly they have there own jobs they can offer student s at the end (AFT). It doesn't help naive prospectors one bit!
What on earth are you talking about. A - BA don't care where you train as long as you are highly-trained through (ideally) an integrated course, B - BA don't care about ab-initios with type ratings, as you have to do their training regardless once you join, C - BA have taken people from Jerez, CTC, KLM flight training and Cabair as well, and D - BA prefer people not coming from unstructured modular courses as they are proven within BA to be a high training risk, which has nothing to do with OAT whatsoever. Their relationship with Jerez is in fact far stonger as the BAe training school was set up solely to cater for and meet BA's specific requirements.

Don't speak from preconceptions - speak from the basis of FACTS. You don't help naive prospectors one bit.

The reason a type rating is pointless without a job is not that one should denegrate people attempting to make themselves more marketable, but that in large numbers of cases it is unmarketable without far more hours on type of actual experience operating the aircraft.