PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AC deicing procedure ?
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2006, 02:49
CONF iture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MotorCityMadman
Incident in Bos precipated procedure. De-ice crew forgot to spray one wing. Fuel truck was in the way and they neglected to come back and spray remaining wing. Now required to visually check after every spray.
Thank you ... it had to be something behind that !
Any incident report avail ?
Do you know what happened after that, did the aircraft actually take off in that configuration ... ?
I don't know what's the deicing procedure in BOS but apparently it was done at the gate, is it a "in house" deicing procedure, or is it the usual way for BOS ?
I am still surprised AC implemented such a procedure after every spray in a place like YYZ where deicing crew has the authority to verbally certify the airplane is free from any contaminant and if necessary protected against further contaminant. Maybe the deicing crew is not in the aircraft, but I would think they're in a much better position to check these critical surfaces ...
Now, if we follow the same logic, as a passenger, should I complain the Boss didn't send the FO to visually check if the deicing crew didn't forget ... the tail ?!