PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Type Rating - which type, where, why pay etc?
Old 19th Mar 2006, 22:24
Grampianhills

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you studied you stats from flight schools you will see that very few fail to get a job who graduate oxford or cabair (I don't generally big them up). Secondly, if you study your stats with the type rating courses you will conclude that this is with out doutb the best way in for those who haven't gone to oxford or cabair.

Astraeus have a very good reputation for their training and at present are on a boom with graduate employment.

I continuously do not understand why people keep knocking type ratings. I went to the pilot training exhibition conference at Heathrow in November and they had the likes of BA, Atlantic Airlines (Flight Training) saying 'oh don't go modular or do a type rating'. In my opinion, they all have there reasons. 1 A relationship with Oxford Aviation Training that even after a thousand showers their noses would still be terd brown (BA) + ab initios courses and secondly they have there own jobs they can offer student s at the end (AFT). It doesn't help naive prospectors one bit!

sorry if some don't like my opinion.