PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK jobs market and where and how to find that first job?
Old 19th Mar 2006, 14:48
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So your moaning about not getting a job and you won't shift your arse to where there is one. And I thought you already had a type rating A320.

There is a very good safety reason for living close to the airport, walking distance is the safest thing. The driving in Belgium is insane the buggers try and get you coming out of side roads and the older generations (over 40 I think it was 1979) have never sat a driving test.

Its quite common in the UK to use tatical addresses when applying to airlines zoo try using a relatives or mates near liege. I also suspect you might be Flemmish and the HR deptment is French. Which is a whole different level of discrimination that wannabies have to deal with in the UK.

Have you thought about doing a FI rating and working in the UK for a bit?
In the instructors forum there have been a few posts about shortages and people with jobs before they complete the course. £5k and you should earn enough to survive for a year while you apply to the operators in the UK.