PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eyesight discrimination?
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2006, 12:40
Eddie_Crane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mark 3:16
You definitely can join an integrated scheme with a deviated Class 1. I got to Phase 3 of the CTC scheme, and obviously questioned them on this then. They - like other schools - have students in that situation.
Yep. Although deviated Class 1 means already possessing a PPL.

It looks like we blind boys are effectvely then precluded from joing an Integrated Course unless we have our PPL. And then what's the point? The ab-initio courses are designed to take you from zero experience.
my point exactly. I never bothered to get a PPL because I'd always been interested in ab-initio training. Then again, I became aware of the possibility of a Class 1 via deviation only in Feb this year, and the PPL requirement was confirmed to me just very recently bit of a blow that one

Nobody said it was easy. If anything, going this route and then perhaps modular should show any prospective employer how bloody keen we are to do this job by going round all the houses to get where we want to be.
Well... I really bl00dy hope so... because I 'm already late catching the boat, and going modular means having to re-formulate everything, starting from what school, how much, whathaveyou.