PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eyesight discrimination?
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2006, 12:30
Mark 3:16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You definitely can join an integrated scheme with a deviated Class 1. I got to Phase 3 of the CTC scheme, and obviously questioned them on this then. They - like other schools - have students in that situation.

I have a letter from CAA, which says: you prescription shows stability so you can come in for Class 1 with deviation, blah blah blah....then, and I quote:

"If you are successful at the initial examination, you will be issue with a JAA Class 2 medical certificate until you achieve your PPL. Once this is achieved yoiu will be issues with a JAA Class 1 certificate, with a Deviation, The Deviation may be lifted when you achieve your professional license"

So it seems like this is the case. I presume from this that we have to pay for an all out Class 1 examination when you get your PPL, as opposed to just renewing, but I may be wrong.

It looks like we blind boys are effectvely then precluded from joing an Integrated Course unless we have our PPL. And then what's the point? The ab-initio courses are designed to take you from zero experience.

Nobody said it was easy. If anything, going this route and then perhaps modular should show any prospective employer how bloody keen we are to do this job by going round all the houses to get where we want to be.

Cheers
Mark