PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 3 questions from a wannabe...
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2006, 11:41
VVJM265

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 3 questions from a wannabe...

First time poster here on pprune. I retire from the US Navy at the end of the year and am working my CX application this weekend. I did do a search on the following questions and came up with very little. I'm a regular poster on flightinfo, and there is even less about CX on that board.

1) What's the latest intel on the 55 yo retirement? Comments in AirInc article last Aug's indicated that this is under discusion with the union. Any movement on this issue? I'll be 43 1/2 when I retire from the Navy.

2) Would appreciate any comments +/or insight from folks on the freighter side in the US as to how the commuting situation works out. Presently in South TX and need to stay put for about 2 yrs until the Mrs. finishes grad school, plan is to then move closer to IAH.

3) For those that have recently been sucessful at getting the invite to interview, how did you send the application in? I'm may be a bit old school, but I think an original paper application with a cover letter & resume make the best impression. FedEx can get it there for $40; does it even make a difference at CX?

Thanks in advance to all who bother to reply,
VVJM265