PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Zoom Airlines
Thread: Zoom Airlines
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2006, 02:17
Married a Canadian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tonic Sorry to say I would not recommend them.

My wife flew from Canada with them the week before my wedding. She was flying from Toronto into Gatwick. I had arranged onward flights from Heathrow with BA up to Aberdeen about 3 hours after the scheduled arrival of the Zoom flight.

One week before she was due to fly Zoom changed the schedules and her flight was due in 3 hours later than planned (after a stop in Cardiff). I rang the airline to ask how they could do this at such short notice and they told me it was in their rights to do so. When I asked about passengers who may have made onward travel arrangements they told me that was not their problem as they do not have partner airlines and were under no obligation to meet connecting code shares. When I told them I worked in the industry and didn't see how it was customer friendly to change flights at such short notice..I got the standard "if you are in the industry you would understand" line.

Oh and her luggage arrived damaged and Zoom absolved themselves. And my sister in law left her duty free in the luggage bin by mistake. She realised once she got to customs so went back to the plane to find the cleaning crew had already swiped it. Again on asking Zoom staff if they could question the cleaning crew they absolved themselves of any responsibility.

I may be the minority..infact given the expansion of Zoom and their no doubt cheap fares I am the minority. But they are like the Easyjets and Ryan airs...they aren't part of an alliance and their fares do the talking.....if something goes wrong you are on your own. Best of luck.

Oh my first live air traffic control call in Canada was to a Zoom plane. I told my trainer that I didn't like them and he engineered it so I would talk to one first!!