PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK recruiting in Oz
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2006, 02:12
Tail Rota

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi ya blue foot

Baghdaddy has outlined some of the tax issues......beer and wine is taxed up here at in Dubai at 30% and thats on top of the price after importation. we pay similar prices to the guys back home but they put 30% on top for the privilliage of buying alcohol. oh ...... and you must be licienced to buy it and store it at home.
as far as parked up planes go I haveheard the 777's have been difficult to crew and some have been parked on various days due lack of crew. Herad a great rumour about two A340's not being crewed Xmas day due lack of crew.....so things are getting tight.

UR2 yes mate DEC's are here ....... and more are coming. I believe about 100 over the next 12 months or so. this issue has been long standing here since my arrival. but even the DEC contract isnt the bees knees. it doesnt matter what seat you are in ...you are still subjected to all frustrations of living up here.

146...the UK is most definitly not third world ...however after being on layovers there for the past few years in London, Birmingham and Manchester....I can see how dubai may offer a little better life style for ya. the dirham to the pound isnt that good at the moment but am glad you are happy.

TR

ps: its raining today as I woke up...(very rare up in these parts)we are not going to leave the house ........ as the roads will be carnage today and I expect the papers to publish another day of record accidents due to people driving too close to fast and not being able to stop because of the slippery roads. hopefully no deaths but its Dubai and I expect at least a couple.