PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - North Sea Jigsaw
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2006, 16:26
freeride

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you will find that the Tern down manning went very smoothly and the Jigsaw aircraft integrated with the other assets just like any other SAR helo. I'm sure if I was sitting on a rig that could potentially catch fire, I would be grateful for all the helos I could find. Please also bear in mind that this was a Shell rig and BP were happy to use their helo to help - a very good sign I would say about potential future integration.

Why are you all so negative about the whole project? If there is any potential that this project can expand this can olny be a good thing for the industry. You may not want the job, but there are plenty that do, particularly now the pay is approaching an almost acceptable level for the job.

As for aircraft limits, if you knew anything, you would know that the aircraft actually deployed to Aberdeen where it maintained standby in winds of less than 55 kts for the few crew change flights that were able to continue. I don't have a part in either company before you ask so this is not spin, just honest opinion with the correct facts!