PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Or Cathay Pacific
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2006, 12:54
Quod Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cerberus, The CX housing allowance is VERY generous but it is expensive in HKG unlike here,there is a strict seniority list in CX,there is an upgrade policy adhered to based on DOJ,there is a pilots association,there is career progression that is published,there are strict FTLs,there are overseas bases,credit is given for simulator,standby and leave, the turnover of pilots at CX is very low,and the jump seat is avail to CX pilots if reqd..All very similar to here really.

Oh,there are some lovely buildings in HKG just like here.Ah yes, I forgot,its the lovely weather why we came to EK.Silly me,there really is no comparison when you look at it if youre not a lazy pilot like me who ponders where I will retire to on my huge provident fund on my recovery days or daydreaming which are very similar these days.Will it be France?Spain?Italy perhaps? Actually,come to think of it 180,000 usd after 12 years might get me a nice car.Silly me.

Im off to the pub,theyre much better here thats for sure,that Joe bananas place is very tacky.
QB