PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Type Rating - which type, where, why pay etc?
Old 18th Mar 2006, 11:00
An2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WWW,

With all due respect for your knowledge of the aviation business, but this is one point where you're wrong.

I finished up my TR on the 737 one year ago, and as soon as I was done, I started contacting various agencies in search of a job.
They all had me know that unless I'm line-trained and pretty much "ready to go" (as you yourself stated; within a fortnight), there's was just about no bl**dy chance. One lady at a specific agency told me she had app's from a little more than one-hundred "type-rated, but no time on type"-guys/girls!!

Now, that was one year ago!
Meanwhile the likes of Bond/Astraeus, Aviatraining, FSB, Sterling, SASFA, Randheim, etc....., have been grinding out new students with fresh TR's.

The only ones I know, that have gotten a job straight after a typerating, are those that had substantial TT, and even some of them ran into problems.
Ooohh, and of course, those that bit the bullit and opted for the "pay-for-training" through Eaglejet or Astraeus.