PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bad experience with instructor? Or was it just me?
Old 18th Mar 2006, 09:38
HeliEng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
g0lfer,

You said:

the instructor cancels the flight because the aircraft has "gone tech". This usually means it has not been properly maintained or they don't have the cash to repair it.
In my opinion, you are treading on VERY dodgy ground, to make a sweeping statement of that degree could land you in some trouble!

I have experience of maintenance on flying school machines, and I think you are talking out of turn, it is more often than not because a student with few hours has come along and broken the aircraft due to inexperience, than poor maintenance or lack of funds.

Although on a major repair financial issues can play a part, this is not the kind of day to day situation that would unexpectedly cause an aircraft to be taken offline.

Poor maintenance, is just not an option. Any company maintaining flying school aircraft, in my opinion, uses the same amount of integrity as they would on any other aircraft, and in come cases are more concious of the fact that the aircraft is going to be abused by low-time pilots (much like a learner driver car).

Garfs,

I think he must have had a row with his missus that morning!! Just a bad day.