PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bad experience with instructor? Or was it just me?
Old 18th Mar 2006, 08:19
Garfs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad experience with instructor? Or was it just me?

Hi

Couple of months ago, after speaking to many schools I booked (and paid for up front)a lesson in an R22.

I initially had it scheduled for a Saturday, but then rescheduled it for the Friday before, and gave 3 WEEKS notice in advance, so as to give the instructor ample notice to work around this. He said, Fine, but ring on the day to check the weather.

Come the Friday of the lesson, I rang at 9am, and weather was poor at the airfield, and the instructor said we could prob fly between showers if I wanted and vis was poor, so I asked if we could reschedule for when weather was better?

Ok, I dont know if this was a big mistake on my part, because, he then started having a right go at me and raised his voice slightly, saying I cant be that serious etc etc, and then said

"It doesnt make a difference to me anyway, as you mentioned you were thinking of going to America to do most of your training"

I could easily have chosen my local school (which would have worked out cheaper when I factor in fuel for the 1 and a half hour drive to the school in question) but I chose the school as I thought they seemed really good, and I guess maybe I was wrong?

From peoples experience here, is it taboo at schools to reschedule due to poor weather(as it was on Fri 17th March) and was I wrong in doing this, or was the instructor just having a bad day?

Thanks