PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - getting started?
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2006, 01:22
bjkeates

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by newbie008
Also it is a cash bond and you dont start paying it back until the training is completed which would suit me down to the ground!!
Correct. For people like me, having wanted to get into this career for as long as I can remember yet graduating from University with a negative bank balance, the financing CTC offer is by far the most attractive available.

Originally Posted by Lord Flashheart
A 65k modular course on Diamond Stars (lovely as they are) which will be costing CTC about £10 per hour to run on fuel! And you do Bristol distance learning. How can they charge £65,000?
Yep, the course on Diamond Stars... plus accommodation, shared car and all the rest of the perks in New Zealand, return flights to and from there, sim time, accommodation in Bournemouth for the IR part of the course, etc etc... it mounts up. If I'd gone self-funded from zero hours, which is where I am now, to the right hand seat of a commercial airliner, I bet it would cost me a lot more than £65k. I feel very priveliged to have gained a place on the Wings Cadets course - as far as I'm concerned they ARE the best thing since sliced bread at the moment!

Originally Posted by Lord Flashheart
Look for schemes such as Flybe, BA Connect and Thomson Fly
Flybe and Thomsonfly also take cadets from CTC.