PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - loudspeaking mobile as legal hands free?
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2006, 00:09
SyllogismCheck

Hmmmyeah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just haven't got time for the things, Motorolas all told, anymore I'm afraid. It really has been that bad an experience. I use the phone a lot and every day they've tested my patience.

The V3 still has a Motorola 'feel' - illogical menus, quirky contact adding, bluetooth thats reluctant to browse other devices and only seems to like to have things dragged from it or pushed to it but won't actually do the pushing or dragging, lazy scroling and entirely unpredictable and unreasonably short battery life.
That I've suffered 18 months of Motorola use and they, either 525 or V3, still don't feel intuitive sums it up.

I suppose I am anti and as such not terribly objective, but not without good reason. I'll admit the V3 is a nicely built and quality feeling phone, but that's no excuse for the rest. Samsung have just launched one of similar dimensions, with the same metallic keypad and high quality looks. That, I've no doubt, will make the V3's look clumsy by comparison, in all areas. I'd look at that first, Windy.

Edit: Oh yes, the absolute piece de resistance of Motorolas occurred just yesterday. I was adding a number, had it only on the screen as I'd keyed it as someone gave it to me. They left, drove away, and I was just about to finish adding their name when the phone rang. Took the call, didn't press any other buttons and let the caller hang up. Guess what? Number, beginnings of entry, all gone. Back to the home screen. Any other phone would end up back where you were before the the call at its termination. Not a Motorola. And yes, it was the number of a potentially good client I happened to stumble across by chance and have no way of contacting otherwise. Useless.

Last edited by SyllogismCheck; 18th Mar 2006 at 00:28.