PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMED
Thread: BMED
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2006, 22:21
Don Coyote

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you have previous A320 command experience then it is possible to join as a direct entry captain. Otherwise you will have to join as an FO. An FO recently joined us with previous FO experience on A320 and passed his command assessment after only 12 months, will have finished his left hand seat training after 14 months.
Some have taken longer, also there is no guarantee of quick commands (whatever your previous experience) when joining any company. Probably better to think "how would the rest of my life be if I was an FO with this company until retirement", I assume you are thinking of leaving your present company because things are not very rosy?
In the past if you were ex military you could progress quite quickly, that seems to be less obvious these days and tends to be more based on seniority and more importantly ability. There are a few senior FO's who have been overlooked!
Starting salary for experienced FO is around 38 or something like that, not sure of the latest figures but I believe they are available on the BALPA website.
I am away for the weekend and back on Monday, I can discuss further then if you need to.
ATB Don