PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings Scheme thread
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2006, 21:28
bjkeates

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There really isn't a great deal you can do to prepare for Phase 2. What I would advise is listen very carefully to the presentation - should you get through to Phase 3, there are some very interesting pieces of information given in it that you might find useful for your interview. Also, make sure your basic maths skills are up to scratch.

Other than that, good luck and just do your best on the day. Remember you're in competition with CTC's high standards, not each other. If you're good enough, you'll get through (and likewise if you fall short of what they expect, you won't.) And from what I've seen of the application process having been through it, the likelihood is that if you've practised loads on sample PilApts and therefore got some kind of advantage over the those people who haven't and made it through to Phase 3 solely on that basis, they'll probably weed you out at Phase 3 or 4 anyway. It's not just at Phase 2 where you have to demonstrate aptitude and ability to be a pilot - such qualities need to be evident the whole way through the process. I don't mean that in a big-headed way from the view that I got in - it's just pretty obvious from the very low application success rate. The selection team are not stupid - they have very high standards and know exactly what's expected, and they'll spot a fake coming a mile off.