PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where do the Air Berlin pilots get there Type?
Old 17th Mar 2006, 18:46
Freighterpuppy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
unfortunately no Jet time

Hi A320,

no, unfortunately the 800hrs are not jet time. Turbo-prop time is what it was. In fact it was a Metroliner. Never got my type though. In the US a SIC check is sufficient. Besides, European airliners are somewhat sceptic towards US types anyway, even if I did have one.

I have read the forums you written in and believe me, I totally know where you're coming from. I would probably say that I agree with just about everything you said. For me, getting the type (preferrably an A320, tactical choice) and line-training is a relatively low financial risk in my current situation and my last try. If I can find a suitable program/training provider I will do it. It will be the last thing I try too. I simply refuse to go fly for a turboprop operator that also asks me to pay 22500 euro for type and then gives me wages that I have to add on to every month to make ends meet. If type doesn't work, that will effectively be the end of my flying career. I haven't flown commercially in 4 years now and that situation will not get any better. I do not believe that the aviation industry will ever pick up enough for airlines to get me off the shelve...so to speak.....

Well this was a long piece of text, sorry for that....