PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK recruiting in Oz
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2006, 10:39
Tail Rota

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys

........if you anyone down here is seroius about moving to EK or any other operator in the Mid East....... can I just say.... if you currently have a job, like where you live, are reasonably happy with who you are working for and feel that life is ok at the moment, then dont move. the grass is always greener but remember its still grass....it may have a little more flavour or it may look nice from your paddock .....but trust me its still grass. life up here is not like life in Aussie or NZ.

people up here are very different and the way you are treated is not like you are treated backhome. if you need a job then take what ever you can get.....but my advice is commute on a contract job from your home ...its still better than the unreasonable, unlogical and frustrating Management of the middle east.

Yes.... I have moved to the sand and yes I am now stuck here....I have a big car loan..... I have gold cards coming out of my ears and the banks are still trying force more of their credit cards onto me. I have a bank loan that I have used to invest into real estate......biut its all got to be paid back and the cost is not cheap. I am now traped at least until my fourth year is up.

......they made a great job of selling life style ...roster stability.....big money....and great layovers on the worlds most modern fleet. look very hard at what your options are and think very carefully about leaving a great life style in country where you do have rights as an employee, you can go anywhere you like without having to put up with the outdated fourth world mentality of we are local you are S#%t.

I have made the most of being up here but its expensive......nothing is free.....the red tape you go through to get things done here on a daily basis is completely unbeliveable......and its shrugged off as "oh thats the way it is here ".

.....if I had done my research on daily life and the cost of living and how much I was really getting paid in the sand........I would not have applied at all. For me it hasnt been worth it. I am now like many others here actively working toward getting out.

TR