PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2006, 20:36
airsound

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Brian, Beagle and Ginseng

My MP, Geoffrey Clifton-Brown, tells me that he has written to Adam Ingram (Minister of State for the Armed Forces) requesting him to “comment on the points you raise”.
This is what I had written to Geoffrey C-B (thanks to the three of you - Brian, Beags and Ginseng!):
I referred to a letter from the Secretary for Defence to the Conservative Leader David Cameron. In it Dr Reid said:
“.... The original Board, the Scottish Fatal Accident Inquiry, the HCDC and the House of Lords Select Committee have all studied the same evidence. Each new Government and Ministerial team since the accident has also had the opportunity to review the case. Indeed, when the Labour Government came into office in 1997, it was our opinion that an injustice had been done which we could put right. Despite having looked closely at the case then, and again when Geoff became Defence Secretary, we were not able to justify overturning the findings. My opinion continues to be that the finding should remain undisturbed.”
In contrast to the views expressed in this letter, it remains the fact that two of the bodies adduced by Dr Reid in his support, the Scottish Fatal Accident Inquiry and the House of Lords Select Committee, plus the Public Accounts Committee, all failed to find the pilots negligent.
I shall be very grateful if you will write to the Right Honourable gentleman to ask him what was the further evidence, presented to him in 1997 and since, that changed his opinion from one of an injustice to that of negligence with absolutely no doubt whatsoever. Perhaps he would be good enough to provide you with a copy of that evidence.
Thank you once again for your support.

We await Adam Ingram's reply with interest......
AirSound