PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parliamentary Questions concerning Hercules Safety
Old 16th Mar 2006, 19:27
nigegilb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I mentioned in one of my postings (I am sorry there have been so many) that I was struck by the pride of the Aus Military from the top down. They actually appear to be working together in partnership with their politicians/senior officers. When they experience a sad incident, like the US Pax who was shot in the back of a Herc they bang their heads together and try and prevent it happening again. The urgent trial of ballistic matting happened at impressive speed. I was trying to find info about Aus C130 foam and hey presto in a couple of clicks a photo of a smiling engineer with a big sheet of foam in his hands appears with another proud headline. It appears to be a much more open and honest partnership. As a result the nation appears to be behind its military. I think we still have a lot to learn. All Dr Reid could say to grieving relatives this week was "military operations are dangerous." Chiefs of Staff look around you, your people are all you have....If you cannot look after them maybe a military federation is an inevitability.

Last edited by nigegilb; 16th Mar 2006 at 21:09.