PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 Dual Engine Failure ECAM procedures
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2006, 17:55
Don Coyote

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The following is a direct quote from FCOM 3.02.70 page 20 (the bold type is added by me):

This warning inhibits the EMER ELEC CONFIG warning. The FCOM Volume 3 provides the ENG DUAL FAILURE steps that appear on the ECAM. However, to facilitate handling of all the ECAM procedures linked to the dual engine failure situation :
It is recommended that the flight crew use the ENG DUAL FAILURE QRH paper
procedure

– If time permits, it is also recommended that the flight crew clear the ECAM warnings
– This QRH procedure includes the ditching and forced landing procedures.

Our version is revision 39 so that may be the reason for the difference. The reason for change was " TECHNICAL AMENDMENT Page revised : 1)For improved technical understanding and standardization. 2)To update the ENGINE DUAL FAILURE procedure in order to clarify the pitch attitude setting required to reach the optimum relight speed , when the speed indication is not available."

Cant remember exactly how it all occured last time I did it in the sim but I guess that if you do the paper procedure then some of the ECAM warnings will dissappear as they will be resolved by the paper procedure. Sorry I cant help more than that.