PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair leave passengers in the lurch again
Old 16th Mar 2006, 16:46
bealine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Surely, a letter to the relevant Ryanair office asking for compensation (if eligible) and if nothing is forthcoming, a visit to the local Small Claims Court. Obviously, this assumes that their is legislation that covers this kind of eventuality.
An EU Regulation is Law, pure and simple.
It may not be good law (and this particular one stinks) but it is Law.
The price is inmaterial, but you must have paid something (valuable consideration). RYR then have a legal obligation to take from A to B. If they can't, they must inform you of your rights and then make further arrangements as appropriate. The EU rule is very easy to understand and can be read and/or downloaded from:

http://europa.eu.int/eur-lex/pri/en/...en00010007.pdf
Ha - Ha - Ha ! I'm splitting my sides laughing at how naiive you are! This is RYANAIR we're talking about - R-Y-A-N-A-I-R This outfit is beyond any Law yet devised - so the small matter of EU compensation won't faze them one iota!

Until the EU and the CAA enforce their Laws, Michael O'leary will continue to treat his "customers" as M-U-G-S!!! (.....But then, if you pay 99p for your ticket, do you really expect customer service - that is a "Frill"???)

Last edited by TightSlot; 17th Mar 2006 at 04:01.