PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aptitude Testing
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2006, 15:47
Superpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First of all, with most of these tests you are given 2 or 3 attempts at each part. This is obviously in place to test for your innate ability to learn and progress. However, there are a couple of programs out there that will definitely give you an idea of what to expect for the CTC, BA and FTE PILAPT Tests - same layout, colours, wording and concepts. Knowing what to expect is a bit part of getting it right (even if you don't practice much) and for this reason it would be worthwhile buying one of them. They do a good enough job IMHO.

You'll hear a lot of people saying 'play more video games'. Well, I've had my PPL for 5 years and am a major flight sim fan. I probably have more experience of multi-tasking (thanks to my day job) than most uni-grads who have got into these schemes and I've failed 1/3 pilot aptitude tests, I actually failed 2, but was pardoned because I have a PPL (work that one out ). It depends more on your state of mind and alertness on the day. If you're having a crappy time through no fault of your own you will probably fail.

One is called PILAPT Prep and the other Cockpitweb. Yahoo or Google for them...

Last edited by Superpilot; 16th Mar 2006 at 16:21.