PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - to the airlines job wannabe
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2006, 13:09
airbusboeingdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi thermal,

u are right the advert is there and is what they stated, what happen is they might give someone with lower qualification a chance if that applicant shown his interest in flying, suits the profile they are looking for and most important - knocking the chief pilot's door with the right attitude.

i personally think safety is not an issue for candidates with lower hours as they would have been trained and tested by their licensing authorities who issued them their licenses and again they will be trained and tested by airbus of france when they go for their type rating.

probably the newbies will not be as experienced and efficient as their seniors but everybody starts somewhere right? if they are not given a chance,how and where are they going to start?

facts for newbies-in feb 2006 a young man equipped with cpl/ir/frozen atpl and 350hrs on light aircrafts went knocking on one of the LCC chief pilot's door, had some discussion with management, went up to caas after the meeting to enquire the requirements for conversion of his license to a local equivalant, passed a sim assessment few days later, got his S$30,000(probably robbed the bank or sell their family house) for the cost of type rating, and today he is hired and doing his A320 conversion in toulouse, france.

morale of the story-dont give up,keep it going.i do agree a bit with dani above as knockng doors may somehow cause inconvinence to the chief pilot, just remember the key world:TIMING AND A SMILE.

oh! is too much **** for me today especially from our alexboy 757,getting old for all this. gotta go practise flying on my computer to cool off. cheers! guys.

Last edited by airbusboeingdriver; 16th Mar 2006 at 13:29.