PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where do the Air Berlin pilots get there Type?
Old 16th Mar 2006, 11:59
Freighterpuppy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where do the Air Berlin pilots get there Type?

Hi all,

Can somebody tell me where Air Berlin pilots have to do their type and whether that facility has a website or otherwise a tel nr?

Is there anybody out there that has gained their own type and perhaps 100hrs on type with an airline? What did that cost, where did you do it and has it proven successful? In other words: do you have a job now?

I have 1000hrs, 800 of which are multi-turbine hours. Not too bad, but I have made the choice not to pay for any of my training anymore 4 years ago (after I have spend already 160000euros), consequently I am still without a flying job. If I don't start flying soon, I can forget about this career altogether. I already checked the turbo-prop department. The low wages and possible payment of type (either through a bond or directly) lead me to invest up to 46000 euros in the upcoming three years (I have learned now to work with worst case scenarios...)

The only other option seems to be to take the chance and pay my own type....and then see where it leads......

That, or not fly at all anymore...ever....luckily I have a nice job on the ground...

Anyway, all help is appreciated..

Rgds,

Freighterpuppy