PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair leave passengers in the lurch again
Old 16th Mar 2006, 10:56
captainpaddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This sort of discussion always seems to go the same way doesn't it?

I only want to say that I am tired of the pro-RYR lot always saying that you get what you pay for. It implies that all 125 or 185 or whatever people on board all paid 9.99 return for their trip so stuff them. Tough *%&$.

Firstly, if I could buy a cake in a shop for 3 euro, but elect to go to another shop and get the same cake for 50 cent, should I accept that it might be mouldy? Of course not. Why is this any different? It is completely unacceptable to condone screwing your passengers because you think they didn't pay enough to deserve fair treatment. (By the way, I am talking about fair treatmnet not legal treatment)

Secondly, it is almost never the case that all passengers paid "next to nothing" for their fare. Anyone who through circumstances irrelevant to this discussion had to book their flight late probably paid through the nose for their ticket. Where's their justice? How come they get thrown in the same bucket as the people who should "expect what they paid for"?

Just checked the RYR website for DUB-LGW in two days time. 199 euro one way. What treatment should I take to be acceptable for that price?

What a ridiculous argument
CP