PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways applications/recruitment/accomodation
Old 16th Mar 2006, 10:40
ice_with_that

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
About the interview, I had mine this week so it's all fresh in my mind!

When you get there you get to reception where you'll be asked to handover documentation, they'll go and ohotocopy it and bring it back. You take a seat and wait for people to arrive and it's obvious who is there for interviews, conversations start between candidates so it's really nice.

Next you'll get measured (shoes off) then you are asked to sit in a crew seat with the harness on and to brace. They just need to see that you fit the seat and that you can bring your arms up for the brace position.

You are then split into groups for your group assessment (4-5 peeps) where you will be asked to read some info then as a group discuss what you are going to do. What's important here is that you are listening to others using recaps and summaries eg "so what we're saying is", "do we agree that...."

Try and include the more shy members in your group, bring them into the discussion, eveyone has name badges on so it's easy to use their names.

There are recruiters on the corners of the room making notes as you progress through the activity, aparently the observer facing you is the one 'marking' you.

After the group stuff you wait in the reception area and some go off for a presentation about the company and others are called for the 2-1 interview. If you go for the interview first then you'll get the presentation after and vice versa.

The interview: takes about 40mins and they are really lovely. You'll be asked to use examples that are not already on your form. They will ask you why you want to work for BA and what you know about BA, nothing tricky at all. Just relax, don't rush in with a rambling answer.

Good luck